Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday


I think I might need to preface this post with this... how you keep your house is your business and the way I choose to keep my house is in no way a judgement on how you keep your space.
I need my house tidy, not white glove clean, but just a place for everything and things actually put in those places. I pick up before we go to bed, at least once during the day, and before we leave the house. I don't clean windows or dust, you can't probably eat off my floors most of the time (although Nuala seems to think it is OK), but I do better with things tidy. I know my tidiness upsets some people because they seem to think I am secretly judging them for how they keep their house. But honestly, truly, I am not! You need to live in whatever way helps you function the best. I need my space organized. I have tried for years to just be ok with chaos, but I end up feeling overwhelmed, depressed, and uneasy. So I keep my space in the way that helps me function the best. My house is still full of love and fun, I just put stuff away at the end of the day.

4 comments:

karen said...

are we twins? I think we might be. I am EXACTLY the same way and it's so hard for me to have a mess somewhere in the house. When the kids come to visit and they dump their things all over the coffee table and it accumulates day after day, AH! it drives me nuts :) A most excellent post.

Unknown said...

I am a very organized messy person...who likes clean surfaces but seriously thrives on chaos. And I love love love hanging out and studying the lifestyles of all my very tidy friends. How's that for a confession?!? xoxo

sustainablemum said...

I'm in your club, need to be tidy (not that you would know it at the moment) but my floors never get cleaned either!

Shosannah said...

I need a certain amount of order in order to think clearly. I don't always achieve as much as I'd like though :)