Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Getting crafty





This past weekend, I decided that it would be fun to open up Amanda Soule's book (http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Family-Encourage-Imagination-Connections/dp/1590304713 ) "The Creative Family" and try a new craft with the little boys. Feeling brave I thought maybe we would try embroidery. Yes, I know pretty daring since I don't even know how to do it, but gosh darn if she doesn't make it sound so easy. I alreafy had the floss (for making gnome hats and coats) so I went to the craft store, got a few 6 inch hoops and some burlap (like she suggests) and a couple packs of yarn needles (big, blunt and easy for little hands) and I just let them at it. Caelan really loved it and has been working on his piece now for 3 days. It looks like a rainbow exploded on the burlap. As always he is creating this master piece for Grandma and Papa (so keep an eye out for the mailman). I too had to get in on the action! I finally finished the green hat for Audrey (made from wool that was raise just outside Brunswick and plant dyed by the woman who raises them, cards their wool, and spins it!), and started on another hat. I just love knitting hats!

No comments: