Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Get the funk out





I have been wallowing a bit in a nasty funk. This nausea, extreme sleepiness, and over all yuck has taken its toll on me emotionally. I have been almost unable to enjoy our life, it has sucked, and sucked bad. I have cried a lot, and napped a lot, and stayed home a lot. But something switched today, this morning... I don't feel any better physically, but emotionally, about 1000 times better. Maybe it was reading a few blogs of people actually enjoying life, or the news that we might be able to get our hands on 40 ears of corn (grilled corn and ice cold melon anyone??), or maybe, maybe it is just that I had to pull myself up by my boot straps, and get the funk out.
Plans for the day include getting a kiddie pool for the back yard, and making sure the freezer is stocked full of popsicles, maybe an evening walk once the sun is down, and possibly starting to dig the fire pit we have talked and talked about so it will be already for the summer solstice.
We have even be toying with a small summer vacation to northern Arizona where it is cool and green and foresty later in the summer. Just thinking about a long weekend in the woods, going on hikes, afternoon rains, and evenings under the stars... just fills me up.

4 comments:

no spring chicken said...

There may be a generation gap here but hormones don't seem to discriminate. I think your diagnosis would be the same as mine. I came out of it just like you did... voila! Glad you're feeling better. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Unknown said...

Please come over when you are feeling funky. You can just sit, knit and we can let the kiddos play. And where are you getting your corn???

Debbie Jones said...

Hope you get up to Flagstaff! We love it up there and try to spend about a week each summer. Glad you are starting to feel better. (I am a little jealous of all that corn!)

karen said...

So glad you were able to switch into happy mode. I dislike when I'm blue and squander my time thinking about it.