Thursday, October 16, 2014

A trip to the garden












The kids and I took a quick trip to the Desert Botanical Garden the other day. It is one of my most favorite places. I just love the wild, crazy look of desert plants. And how even in mid October the plants are going NUTS because of the healthy amount of rain we have received recently. Everything is so vibrant, healthy, and alive.
They had the annual butterfly exhibit going so we popped in there for a bit, sadly my batteries were dying so I couldn't get too many photos inside the butterfly area. It sure was amazing, 100's of those lovelies flitting around. We learned how to sex a male and female monarch which was very cool. And Fiona even had a couple land on her... they told her that might happen because of her pink outfit. She was very happy about that.
It was a lovely visit.

1 comment:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

What a cool spot to visit. I love cactus, when we lived in Yuma we had huge cactus all over the front yard.