Thursday, October 2, 2014

Where we are at...







I have mentioned recently that I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with life and our ever growing schedule of "must do" things. I took yesterday off: we read books, colored, painted, the kids played games of "Magic the Gathering", we watched a movie, ate cookies, I studied a bit and knitted a bit, and we spent a bunch of time outside in the yard.
I have come to realize lately that I am trying to play "Keep up with the Joneses" of our homeschooling community, and I just need to stop. I still have wee babes. It is ok if not all of my days are not filled from top to bottom with oh so many this and thats. SO we are not signing up for gymnastics again for awhile, we are going to skip the new homeschool co-op for the time being, we are going to settle here at home, putter, go for walks, spend time at parks, and try and spend most evenings at home. That is like a big sigh... perfection.

4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am sighing a long with you. Good for you in not comparing yourself to others, each of us is different and that's what makes this world so interesting.

Unknown said...

I know that feeling. Sometimes you need to stop and give yourself permission to do things your way rather than comparing yourself to other people. Hope you have a more peaceful time :)

karen said...

how wonderful that you stopped and did a bit of self nurturing. It's not easy keeping up with others. Loved seeing your day in photos.

Erin said...

That sounds wonderful. I've recently gotten to the same place and I respect you for trusting your heart and backing off. HUGS!