Thursday, December 13, 2012

Phoestivus at the down town market

public art... we think it looks like a vortex

my dad's booth

love

so busy

live music

happiness

we found some friends
Tonight was the final night of the third annual Phoestivus at the downtown Phoenix market. The kids and I met up with Audrey and Derek and we all rode the lightrail downtown, which is always such a fun way to get anywhere (coming home is a different story. lol). The market was so busy, and fun. So many great booths, such lovely crafts, talkative artists, a wondering choir singing Christmas songs, a live band, and a crossfit gym doing the "feats of strength" I actually held a squat for 1 minute, I thought my legs would fall off afterwards, but I have to admit I am pretty proud of myself. A midwife group even had a booth with a lovely rocking chair for nursing mothers to use, which was so nice, Fiona and I took 10 minutes to rock and nurse and listen to birth stories. I found the sweetest doll for Fiona, so I think that is one less thing I will be knitting. My dad's booth was seeing a lot of traffic, hopefully his sales went well.
We met up with some friends and the kids visited for a bit, ate candy, cookies and cupcakes, ran around, danced and just had a great time. I just love evenings like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I had no idea if I was gonna be in that picture or not but I'm glad it turned out good anyway! Thanks for inviting me! :)

aka Jules said...

What fun... sounds amazing! love that first pic!