Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekending




Our weekend was punctuated with RAIN RAIN RAIN! Glorious down pours, especially Sunday morning. The kids had such fun outside. It is always amazing to me that here in the desert when it FINALLY rains that so many people hole up in there houses and grumble. We have been waiting months for this rain. I was sure we were going to be passed over by the monsoon season and yet here it is lightening, thunder, wild winds, and rain.
We celebrated Cae's birthday number two with his sister, Derek, and Nana on Sunday afternoon. Had a great dinner and fun gifts and a decent cake. I do love baking, I just can't seem to always hit the nail on the head and get those baked goods just right, ah well, Cae loved it and that is what counts.

Joining Amanda from The Habit of Being for Weekending.

7 comments:

karen said...

you are so lucky to have some rain, we've missed it this time around..maybe this week! Love the rainy photos :)

the habit of being said...

RAIN! we've had a lot yesterday and today which means there is a trail of wet clothes and towels from my front door to the bathroom ;-)

cpcable said...

That is most definitely a lot of rain! Wow! Looks like it was enjoyed by all. :)

debby emadian said...

IWhat a little cutie. t's been so hot today but we've just had a lovely big downpour too...It was so good.
Looks like you had a great weekend too.
debx

Erika said...

Yay rain! I have no idea how you do it! I am midwesterner and while we get our fair share I have always longed to live somewhere with more :) I just love rain! :)

Shosannah said...

Wow, that was a lot of rain!!!
We've been having stormy weather this past couple of days too. There is something about a storm that clears the air and freshens everything up :)

The Sitting Tree said...

My oldest and I went running in a sudden downpour this afternoon! What a glorious treat. :)