Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekending

Joining Amanda from The Habit of Being...



The weekend was spent cleaning the house in preparation for being gone for a few days up north. I just hate coming home to a mess.
I signed up last week for this "Get yourself organized" yahoo group to help with my inability to get myself together lately (although technically it is homeschool related, still I have to start someplace) and I actually feel good enough to do it, which means our few days up north, any moment I am not feeding a child, going on a hike or sneaking peeks at SyFy I will be getting my self together. It actually feels really good.
A friend stopped by for a quick visit, I haven't seen her in ages, it was so wonderful to sit and talk with her for a few hours.
Mike cleaned out the van, it is like a miracle... that thing was getting beyond disgusting, how does that happen so quickly, you would think I was raising monkeys or something.
And I shut down my Facebook account... again. I need to step away, fast and quick and just never go back. Yet, I am weak, still maybe this time it will stick and I will find myself just waaaay to busy actually living and no longer need this virtual world?? Maybe??
Right now, I hope we are happily up north frolicking in the cool mountain breezes and splashing in the lake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

I like to have my house in order (especially before a trip). It's so much nicer to come home to a clean house.

Wishing you a lovely day. Enjoy your trip!
xoxo

Chelsea said...

I completely agree with you on getting the house clean before you leave on vacation! It's no fun coming home to a messy house.

Congratulations on getting rid of your Facebook profile. I wish I could do away with mine, but every time I've tried I've gotten sucked back in.

Have a great trip!