Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarn Along


Joining Ginny from Small Things for weekly Wednesday Yarn Along and Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft On.



Back in the saddle. I finished those baby socks only to find I just didn't like the color pooling that happened, so I frogged both socks and just let the yarn sit there. I was feeling quite disgusted with the yarn. Except that I love the yarn. It is so happy and so soft, soooo I will give it another go.
I got a new book of comics by Heather Cushman-Dowdee, comics of Hathor the Cowgoddess back all the way from 2007. As always just a great book full of thought provoking comics and wonderful blurbs of insight. First thing I have read in a month, totally happy with that.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It is happy yarn - perhaps it just needs a bit of time to realize its full potential.

Mama Gone Green said...

it is beautiful yarn. hope you find a project that it works for!

Martha said...

that's hard to do...take apart something you spent time on, but if it's just not working out, better to do it then not WEAR the socks ♥ that's why I like solid colors for socks

karen said...

I hope the second time around brings better results with the yarn. Sometimes that pooling happens and not in a good way :/

steph said...

the yarn really is pretty....hope it finds what it wants to be!

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

It'll come in time just like all good things. Maybe it needs to be a larger piece, to show off it's beautiful colors!

Erica Saint said...

It is pretty yarn. I hope you find the perfect project.

*kate said...

Such beautiful yarn, I hope you find the perfect project for it soon!