Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekending


Joining Pumpkin Sunrise for Weekending.

The weekend started with illness, MY illness. Some sort of yucky sore throat, cough, fever thing. But there is just so much stuff to do around here: laundry to wash and hang on the line, the garden to water and weed, the chickens to feed, food to prepare, house to tidy. I swear if I don't do it all it doesn't get done and then this huge hot mess is waiting for me when I get better. So I plugged along, occasionally mumbling under my breath, getting done what needed to be done and letting the rest just fall to the sides. I listened to "This American Life" podcasts and knitted, drank either ice cold water or hot tea depending on what felt best to my throat. And seriously, that was my weekend. I had so many plans, so much to do, but I guess the universe had other plans for me.

3 comments:

sustainablemum said...

I hope you are feeling a little better now :). It is frustrating when as a mama nothing gets done when you are ill, I feel for you.

Kim said...

Hope you are feeling better.

karen said...

I hope you are better as you read this. When a guy is ill they call off the day and rest, when a mom is ill the world still spins, laundry, dishes, feeding Oh my! I don't know how I did it all when I did it all :) Rest up!!