Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yarn Along



Joining Ginny for the weekly Yarn Along:

I am working on a dress pattern of my own design. I am starting with a doll sized pattern and then I am going to see if I can make it Fiona sized. So far it is pretty simple, but fun to try out stuff and not worry about not following the pattern just right. :) I am using some cotton yarn I got forever ago (maybe 2 years ago) that was in support of breast cancer awareness month. I am going to make Fiona's dress out of cotton as well, but I have some lovely rainbowy goodness for hers. I figure the baby doll doesn't care what sort of yarn it's dress is made from. LOL

I promised Logan I would read this book... "Wild Fire". It is suppose to be sort of a post 9/11 thriller. So far I am not to impressed with the writing or the main character, but I did tell him I would give it 50 pages, so we will see.

3 comments:

karen said...

how fun to be inventing a piece of clothing for a doll and a human :) I bet it's going to look fabulous once it's all knit up!

Unknown said...

It is so fun to make doll clothing, I made one up as I went along too. I wish I had written down the pattern though. It turned out so darn cute! Have fun.

With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Nicole said...

matching doll and girl clothes - cute! katherine has asked and i then forgot...perhaps should think about doing it!