|wool diaper cover|
Then I started and have almost finished a hot pink and red diaper cover for Fiona. I was planning on making them "longies" but I was noticing my yarn was running out, so I just made them into shorts. I used the pattern for the "Bulky Weight Longies". My only problem is I can't seem to close up the crotch. Very frustrating, but I will figure it out eventually.
Ok, so the yarn didn't get to me before we left, but all that yummy goodness was here when we got back. The blue (scroll down to the "bluebird" color swatch... that's it! Although honestly all those colors look amazing) is so much better then I could have imagined. I did a swatch today and then cast on the project. I want it to be a wee bit big so maybe she could wear it more than one winter, but not so big she won't be able to wear it at all this year. I want to do a cream colored i-cord around the edges of the jacket when it is done. And the buttons I bought for the jacket just won't do now, I want toggle buttons. I have been looking on-line for what other have done with their tomtens and I really love this idea and this one.
I am still reading breastfeeding books. I am really enjoying them. Even though I have nursed for 14 or so years, there is still so much to know.
Joining Ginny for the weekly Wednesday Yarn Along!