Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gluten Free Granola

We just love granola at our house. I have toyed with different recipes and even posted one of our favorites before. Trying to be gluten free and still eat our yummy granola has been much easier then I thought it would be.
You can even make this grain-free my omitting the gluten free oats and then it is a nice slightly sweet nut and seed blend that is also Paleo and vegan!


Gluten Free Granola

2 cups gluten free rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill makes the ones we use)
6 cups of chopped raw nuts (usually I use cashews, walnuts, pecans and almonds)
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup mixed seeds (I usually use sunflower seeds, chai seeds, and/or flax seeds)
1/2 sweetener ( I split it 1/4 cup local honey and 1/4 cup maple syrup. you can use all maple syrup to keep it vegan)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla

Mix it all up really well making sure everything is nice and moist. place in a 275 degree over until toasty (30-40 minutes usually), stirring occasionally to cook evenly.

2 comments:

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

This looks fantastic! I'm going to have to try it.

azwoolgirl said...

Oh I might have to try this ... hubby is loving granola cereal right now!