Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things for the weekly Wednesday Yarn Along!

fiona's socks

caelan's socks

little bitty socks


books at the bedside

I have missed a few Yarn Alongs, I have been taking time to be with in myself... still I have been knitting. I have been knitting socks, lots and lots of socks. Who knew?! They scared the heck out of me, but I pushed through and now, now I am in love. I just ordered a few more lovely skeins of sock yarn, looking forward to getting them in the mail, nothing better than sock yarn in the mail (Ok maybe cloth diapers in the mail, that is always good too).
I finished up Cae's pair of socks, started and finished up a pair for Fiona (I have no idea what the yarn is, it was a freebee when I ordered yarn ages ago, and I didn't like it, but now!? NOW I love it and wish I knew what it was!), and I knitted up two wee pairs of baby socks, just love knitting baby socks... Cae and I are on a mission, a mission to make a stock pile of knitted goodies to sell at the Waldorf winter fair this December (so I have months and months to work on this). I have another pair on the needles, but these are big girl socks, a special surprise for a little girl in our home school group. Fingers crossed I get them all knitted up by Friday!
And reading... I won "Full Cup, thirsty spirit" in a give away and it is very good. Also reading "Sacred Pregnancy" which is just amazing and I so wish I had had this book when I was pregnant, so full of such wonderfulness. Trying to find a way to put all my dreams together to make something magical, and this book is helping a lot! The Cosmic Calculator is just an amazing way to teach math to children, the boys are loving it and so am I! And finally I have been reading my two issues of "Sacred Pregnancy" e-magazine... again, such amazingness, so many things brewing in my head.

And as a special bonus... Caelan's Yarn Along!

cae working on his first knitting project

sewing up project
finished BIRD!!

14 comments:

karen said...

look at that perfect knit by your child!! Lovely! The socks look great and isn't it fun to keep knitting them?

Unknown said...

love his bird. and all the socks - look at you!

Suzanne said...

Great socks, love the colors! kudos to your son!

steph said...

tweet tweet little bird!!! how cute!!! and all those socks!!! (I do hope you were warned how addictive socks can be----looks like you have found out!)

Unknown said...

I love his rainbow bird! Your socks are awesome! I've really gotta start knitting socks. I'm a little scared though too. You make it look easy though and now I'm inspired!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Looks like the sock bug has bitten you, they look great! And congratultions to Caelan, his bird is so cute. I can't wait to show my son. Unfortunately I am the only knitter in the house, no one else wants to learn.

PS- Yes, my photos are of my rosemary bush. It is almost 18 years old and blooms all the time. I think it really likes the pine tree it is beside as I have another plant that hardly ever blooms.

EMMA said...

Wonderful socks. Bravo to Caelan, his bird is fantastic.

Ren said...

Look at those SOCKS! Amazing! I am really hoping to add socks to my knitting skills this year...but first maybe I should focus learning how to cable...

Happy knitting :)

sustainablemum said...

I love all your socks, I love knitting them too. I have only knit very large adult ones up to now. Am about to cast one some babies ones so expect them to be much quicker!

Nicole said...

The bird is adorable, please tell him. And the socks look so fun as well.

Erika said...

So many awesome socks!!!!!

The bird is is wonderful too!

Yah for knitting!!!

Heather L. said...

yay! another family with boys who knit!!! good for you on the socks. I wish I was into them. Stuck for years on my fourth sock....

no spring chicken said...

Socks. I must learn to knit socks! Yours are wonderful.. I especially love the little bitty ones. Of course I tend to be a bit obsessed with little bitty lately. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Oh yes, tell your son his bird is perfect.

Kymberly said...

Those socks looks so comfy and the bird is adorable! Kudos to you both.