Friday, February 1, 2013

Candles






The littles and I decided to make some bee wax candles for the up and coming Candlemas/Imbolc holiday. We really love making bees wax candles, so easy to do even wee little Fiona can do it too. I pulled out the silver platter that we use to hold a bunch of candle during Christmas time and added a vase of flowers (in the photo it is tulips, but now there are freesias (one of my favorite flowers). Here in Arizona it is just full steam ahead into spring. We have so many plans for this weekend, starting seeds, moving the garden boxes, visiting the urban garden center to buy worms and check out the bare root grape vines (the boys really want to plant grapes), and maybe some other goodies. Now if only our health will co-operate, this illness we have is just dragging us down.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Bees wax candles sooo nice!

Unknown said...

candle making is nice work. I'm going to buy willow branches :)
greetz from holland

NoƩmie said...

Oooh, I also love making candle, we made some with my boys too before christmas... And the smell of bees wax... mmm, love it !

fairymom aka Victorymama aka Rachel said...

I really want to try this with my bunch sometime. Ahhh I can't wait for spring!

Marcy said...

I love candle making!! Yours look lovely xo

Unknown said...

Your candles look very nice! We are going to make some ice lanterns tomorrow night for Imbolc!

Cheryl said...

My children loved rolling candles. We're making candles tomorrow and planting seeds too. Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to make beeswax candles, but I never have! I think we may have to change that soon.