Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny from Small Things for the weekly Wednesday Yarn Along.


I finished up a wee bit of cuteness for my nephew. I had so much fun knitting those itty bitty baby socks. And I must admit I am super proud of myself, the last time I started a sock I chickened out at the heel turn, but this time I pushed through and TADA! SOCKS! Even though my brother and his wife live in the same city, I knew that if I didn't get this stuff to wee baby nephew ASAP he would out grow it, so I mailed it. LOL and he got it on Monday. Hopefully my dear sister in law with snap a pic before the little guy can't fit in those socks any longer.
I have miss place my camera, so I have no picture of the project I am currently working on.... another pair of socks! I think I found a new love, socks. I know all my peeps will wear socks, so now I have something to knit. I used this pattern for the baby socks and I am sorta kinda using it for this pair as well. Instead of ribbing all the way down I did about an inch at the top because I got the best self striping sock yarn and I really want to show of the sweet pattern it makes. It is similar to this yarn's pattern, but it has yellows and browns as well as blues and reds and a really awesome zig zaggy black and white area. Depending on what size the turn out to be the socks will either belong to Sagan or Caelan. Only time will tell. :)
I have been reading The Mother Magazine , and watching Doc Martin while I knit late at night.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked Doc Martin. Love all the socks! See you don't miss me at all.

Tracey ~ Clover said...

There is something magical about sock knitting isn't there?

Mama Gone Green said...

what a sweet vest!

cpcable said...

Those socks are adorable! Way to go!

Lori ann said...

adorable! and sure to be well loved!