Monday, May 7, 2012

A much better evening












This afternoon was rough. I mean really rough, mama in tears sort of rough. But this evening... oh so sweet. Slowly, ever so slowly, we have been trying to make the nasty backyard into some place we want to spend time in. I think we are getting pretty close. The littles and I went and got a wading pool, 100 more pounds of sand, and a couple more Adirondack chairs for the back yard. scooted over a crate to use a table and tada... a nice place to chill on a warm evening. For a few minutes the whole gang was in the back yard, snacking on chips, splashing in the water, and laughing. It totally makes up for me about losing my mind earlier.
I am thinking maybe a fire pit and a hammock will have to come next. Gotta go check the sofa cushions for loose change.

1 comment:

Alica McKenna Johnson said...

Glad you're day improved! Looks like a great place to hang out.