Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prayer flags



We finished up the prayer flags, i hand sewed the prayers on to the bunting flags and then I hot glued them on to a chain i crocheted with some left over yarn. They look so lovely fluttering in the breeze in the back yard. Adds a bit of color to our otherwise drab surroundings back there.


While out in the back yard this morning I got thinking.... laundry on the line is also like a prayer flag.It is full of promise, care, love, compassion, hope for the future. It also flutters in the breeze, sending out the messages that were placed in them through our  intentions, our thoughts and dreams while hanging them up. It reminded me to focus my thoughts while doing chores, to make sure while I am doing them I am also being in that moment, I am present and aware of what I am doing and what I am thinking. So that the thoughts/energy I put out into the world is as positive as I can make it.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So true! Love your little flags as well :) xo

Unknown said...

I know you still think of the yucky backyard, but you have done so much to it to make it home. It is now a place to enjoy rather than hate. Love the changes.