Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yarn Along

books and knitting
Joining Ginny for another Wednesday Yarn Along.
I wish I could say I finished at least one sock, but the blasted heel flap vexed me all week and after tearing it out four times I gave up until my friend came by with her kids to play and explained to me what I was doing wrong. Then of course the next day or so was busy and I have only really gotten maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of the two inches I need to do. So maybe next week.
I am still reading "Simplicity Parenting" and still really liking it. And the little boys and I are still reading "The Secret Garden" and I have to say we are loving it more and more each night. Cae even wants to plant roses, so maybe we will. The other day while sitting on the sofa and nursing Fiona I was sort of spacing out and just staring at the bookshelf and notice "Touch the Earth", which we have had for years and years, but I have actually never read. It is beautiful and sad.

8 comments:

Corrabelle said...

I hope that I have someone to come show me how to do the heel turn on my socks when the time comes-i'm terrified. And then, picking up all those stitches!ahh!
I love your wool, it's gorgeous, and so bright!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

How nice that you have someone to come over and help with knitting, I am very envious! :) I find I have to have complete quiet when I do a heel, they are still tricky little things to me.
Happy Yarn Along!

momto5 said...

it is wonderful to have a knitting friend. i actually learn so much better that way. and corrabelle: i know! i am completely confused about the picking up stitches. right now i fee; really good about the flap though.

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

i am getting more and more inspired to read these longer books to the kids. i don't know what has taken me so long to get there, but we have finally arrived. lol i think i end up forgetting after we get a few chapters in...sorta like i do with my own reading...

:)
jen

momto5 said...

i am totally loving the secret garden. cae wants the hobbit next, i remember my dad reading that to me a few times when i was a kid, so i am excited about that one.

debby emadian said...

Glad you got your sock sorted out...

The secret garden was my favourite book at junior school. My best friend and I were so obsessed with it that we started talking in fake Yorkshire accents like Dickon...I think we had a bit of a literary crush on him...

momto5 said...

debby: i so love him. i wanna hang out with him and his mama.

Crooked Moon Mama said...

Oh, I've never even attempted socks, so good on you! Do try the cardigan...it's so simple!
xo