Thursday, April 19, 2012

A rough end to an otherwise good day

pic from this blog
While today was lovely: sunshine, splash pad and lots of friend time... this evening left a lot to be desired. I think I was being just as stubborn as Rowan was, but the whole evening was a mess. And here I am at almost midnight messing around on Pinterest when I see this poem. Oh, how my tears did flow. There was a lot of angry eyes and hasty replies from me tonight. I think I want this poem enlarged and hanging in every room of my house, a reminder that they are only so little and so needy for such a short time. Not that I need a reminder, as my oldest is just weeks away from graduating High School, but still.. when you are in the thick of it, well it can be overwhelming sometimes. I need to remember that at the end of the day what is truly important isn't that I was right (or not) but that I honored my children's personhood, and loved them unconditionally.

1 comment:

knittingsandwich said...

i like that poem a lot.
there are days when i need an enlarged copy of it to carry around as well...
-melissa