Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny's Yarn Along again.
I am working on a baby blanket for my Sister in Law. So excited to be knitting this. I figure by the time they have that baby this fall, it will have a whole wardrobe I will have knitted. :)
Once again I am reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" By Barbara Kingsolver. I just love this book. There is also a wonderful website... that "vegetannual" poster, I have a signed copy of that! Yes, happiness. I read it when I am in need of some inspiration to eat more locally and more wholly. We have a wee bit of a garden in a longish planter in the back yard. I enjoy growing food, I wish we could keep a few hens, those were so much fun. I even enjoyed cleaning the coop, and picking the cabbage worms and tomato horn worms off the plants to feed them, they LOVED those bugs. Anyone who says their chickens are vegetarian fed, and being silly. Those things LOVE bugs, I have even seen them chase down lizards, and eat other fallen birds.
Also still reading "Breastfeeding Cafe" just loving that book. SO many great stories. I feel it is a must for all mamas.

7 comments:

Terri S. said...

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is one my most favorite books! I read it multiple times too :)

Misty Brown said...

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, was on my mind this week too :)

momto5 said...

i really like the book for the most part, just that very beginning about moving from AZ and the gas station person not wanting rain... i remember that year, 200 days without rain. i didn't know a single person who wasn't begging for rain. in fact i don't know a single person who lives in AZ who doesn't get out in the rain and dance every time. it sort of rubbed me the wrong way. when you live in the desert, you just LOVE rain, on a level that people who have lots of rain will never get. lol otherwise i really lik eit.

Alica McKenna Johnson said...

I've never read that book- I'll have to add it to my TBR list. It look like it will be a lovely blanket. I keep meaning up take pics of what I'm knitting and join in the fun!

Lori ann said...

i'm so sorry the link to my email didn't work for you, i'm a bit overwhelmed by the response and i'm not sure if you've already emailed or not.
just in case, here i am:
lorix5@hotmail.com

Lori ann said...

oops! thank you for your lovely comment, i'm thrilled you'd like to help.
and your baby blanket is just so pretty!
happy yarnalong.
xxx lori

momto5 said...

lori ann: thank you so much. i haven't emailed yet, so i will now. :)